This article will outline how to post a discussion or question within the community.
Join the conversation! Your first step is to add a new post.
You can click the + New Post button on the Home page or on the Community Discussions page from the navigation menu.
Next, select if it should be a Discussion or a Question type:
- A discussion type is a general post where you are able to receive comments and reactions.
- A question type should be used for a specific question, as you can receive answers and accept the best answer.
Next, select the Discussion Category:
- Community: Start discussions, ask and answer questions about Quantum Metric, customer-centric work and more.
- Developer Corner: For the engineers, developers, and more technical discussions.
- Product: A space for Quantum Metric teams, including Product and Product Marketing, to share updates to you directly. You are welcome to post and ask questions for these teams, as well.
You are ready to write your post. Start by entering your Discussion Title or Question.
Then, add additional details in the text box. See below for some helpful formatting steps:
- Add styling to your text: The rich editor allows for different text styling through the paragraph icon as shown below. This allows you to add Headings, Lists, Quotes, Code Blocks, and Spoilers to your post.
- To add a Code Block, click the quote icon from the paragraph icon menu and select </> Code Block from the dropdown.
- Insert an image: You can easily add an image to your post by clicking the photo icon at the bottom left of text box. You can also drag and drop an image from your desktop.
- @ mention other Quad members: To mention another user, you will add the @ sign followed by their username. You will see that after typing @ and the first letter of a username, a list of users will display, and you can choose from there or continue to type. Once you have chosen the user you would like to mention, click enter and continue your post. By mentioning a member this can send a notification to the user either in-app or by email or both depending on their notification preferences.
If you are ready to post, click Post Discussion or Ask Question.
- If you aren’t quite ready to post, you can always save it as a draft, and find it within Drafts in your profile.
Congratulations, you have posted in the Quad! You can find all your conversations under My Discussions in your profile.
Check out this discussion post for more Discussion Tips and Guidelines.